Stepwise process details to download the duplicate copy of PAN Card online - NSDL Guidelines
With the government taking initiatives to get our PAN online, however unlike Aadhaar card you cannot download your PAN card. Although there are different ways where in you can apply for the PAN card online but cannot download it completely. For this reason you would have to apply for a Duplicate PAN card.
A Duplicate PAN card is also known as a Lost or Damaged PAN Card which you can apply for when the Permanent Account Number (PAN) has already been allotted to you. Acquiring a Duplicate PAN card means that you will get a new PAN card with the same number. With a Duplicate PAN card you have the accessibility of changing or making corrections in your existing PAN data which is a great way of sending out the updated information as well. This way the Income Tax Department (ITD) will have updated information based on the application form filled by you.
To Apply for PAN, you need to download the form: Download PAN Card Application Form 49A
Find below a step by step guide that will help you to download a Duplicate PAN card with ease:1) Visit this website allotted by the government which will lead you directly to a page where you can get access to the Application forms for different purposes. https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/changerequest.html
2) Once you click on the link, it will lead you to a page shown above. Here you can get an idea about what each application has to offer by scrolling below. Whether it is applying for a NEW PAN card or Tracking the Status of your existing one, it will give you a brief summary on the same.
3) In order to get a Duplicate PAN card, you would have to click on ‘Reprint of PAN Card’.
4) As you click on it, it will open a new tab as shown below:
5) Here you will find 03 headings, before choosing the ‘Online application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data’ read through the Do’s and Don’ts and important guidelines as it will only be helpful to you in filling up the form.
6) As you click on ‘Online application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data’ it will lead you to a page as shown below:
7) Read it at a glance and scroll down to select the category in which you belong.
8) Depending on your choosen category an application form will open. See the image below as an example (Individual):
9) Fill up the complete form carefully. Although the heading is mentioned for changes in PAN data, if you have clicked on ‘Reprint of PAN Card’, the form that it will lead you too will be for a Duplicate PAN card.
10) Make sure you do NOT select any of the boxes on the left margin of the application form. In order for the records to be updated in the ITD, the check box for (7) will be selected by default.
11) After filling in the appropriate details within the form itself you would be asked to make the payment online which you can choose between Debit/Credit card or internet banking for which the fees is Rs. 106.
12) Once you have completed with the above steps you can submit it. As you move along you will receive an acknowledgment letter which would contain the address where you would have to send this letter along with the attested copies of the required documents. The documents will be based on what information you have filled in the form like the address proof, identity proof and passport size photographs (your signature across on the photo).
13) Before you send the envelope consisting of the acknowledgment letter, the required documents as well as the passport size photographs ensure that you write ‘APPLICATION FOR Duplicate PAN Card’ along with your Acknowledgment Number’ on top of the envelope.
14) Within 15-20 working days you should get your Duplicate PAN card at the address you have mentioned in the form. In case you do not receive it, then you can check the ‘status’ online by visiting this website → https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/servlet/PanStatusTrack
- For your Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB) should indicate the details mentioning your Name, Address, Date of Birth etc. based on the application form you have filled.
The Tin-Facilitation center cum PAN centre will then compare these details that are your name and your father’s name as you have mentioned in the application Form with the corresponding details that are available in their PAN Database.
In case of any discrepancy with the supporting documents, your application will be rejected which they will be followed by somebody visiting your communicating address or a letter will be sent to you at that address. Therefore it is advised that you read all the guidelines for the supporting documents carefully before sending.
To make it easier for you to understand which documents are important for proof find the link below:https://www.tin-nsdl.com/pan/faq-pan-reqfornewpan.php
This link will not only help you with the proof of documents that should be attested but other related Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) related to possessing or applying for a Duplicate PAN card.
There are several websites that can help you with the same, but it is advised to go for those which are suggested by the Government. All the links that you find in this article are all Government related links so don’t worry about being misguided.
It is the government which has played a huge role in applying for these things easier and comfortable for us by making it net savvy. Even the closest location where you are required to send the documents can be found online. This particular link will help you with the same. https://www.tin-nsdl.com/tin-facilities.php
With so many efforts that are commendable on the Governments behalf it is your turn to own the responsibility and get a PAN card if you haven’t yet.