Online Procedural Guide to Apply for a PAN Card Online and Offline - Download the pdf copy of application form to apply for PAN CardPan card which stands for Permanent Account Number is a necessary document for every Indian citizen who is eligible to pay taxes. Every citizen gets a separate Pan number that distinguishes them from the others and helps them easily transact finances from one party to another. A Pan card serves the purpose of an official government document. This means as a citizen of India you can apply for any other official work with the help of a Pan card. It also works as a proof of identity.
So how can one apply for a Pan Card?The government of India has made it very easy for a citizen to procure a Pan Card. It can be done in two ways either online of offline.
Lets see how we can apply for a Pan Card offline.
By following these simple steps you will be able to have your own Pan Card Number.1) The first step towards applying for a Pan card is to download FORM 49a. This form includes a number of details that need to be filled out. Like your name, address, DOB etc.
PAN Card Application FORM
Make sure to fill out the form carefully, as even a minute mistake will cause a problem in your final card. The form has to be filled out in block letters and in black ink.Read it carefully once before starting out.
2) The Second step involves attaching identity proof, residential proofs and a passport size picture. You can use photocopies of the following documents as address proofs and Identity proofs
- Voter ID card
- Drivers License
- Ration Card with photograph
- Pensioner’s Card with Photograph.
- Electricity Bill
- Credit Card Statement
- Bank Passbook
3) Now that all the important procedures are complete re-check the entire form. Whatever you have filled should be correct and visible. In case you have cancelled out anything, download another form and refill it.
4) Once all the above steps are complete you need to create a Demand Draft or pay cash of Rs.96 at the nearest TIN centre. Also submit your form there.
5) Once the form and the money is received the government officials check all the details and issue a PAN CARD. This card has a picture of you along with your NAME, DOB and PAN CARD NUMBER. It will be sent to the address you have provided on your form.
Why should every citizen of India own a Pan Card?Earlier Pan Cards were created in order to keep track of a citizen’s finanical transactions. It was to keep the government informed about the kind of monetory trades every individual in the country carried out, but now things are different. Pan card can now be used for a number of things like:
- Paying for rooms in hotel
- Renting a flat
- Buying jewellery worth a lot of money
- Bank fixed deposits
Click Here to: How to Download Duplicate Copy of PAN Card Online
You can also apply for a PAN card online.When the concept of PAN card was introduced a number tedious steps were involved in applying for one. This fortunately has changed. Thanks to the Indian government you can now apply for a PAN card online. That’s right! All you have to do is follow these steps carefully and you will have your PAN card couriered to your house within a few days.
1) Search for FORM 49a online. Unlike the offline procedure, you have to fill this form online. Once you fill it make sure all the details are filled in properly. If there are any mistakes the form will have to be refilled and submitted online.
2) After pressing the submit button you will be given two options ‘EDIT’ or ‘CONFIRM’. When you are done rechecking everything you can go ahead and click the suitable button.
3) Once the site confirm all the details of your form you will be given a 15 digit code. This code is crucial. As an applicant you need to save and print this acknowledgement.
4) The next step is to affix photographs. You need to stick two passport sized photographs on the printed document. Make sure the photograph is not stapled. The photo should be clear and there should be no marks on it.
5) Second most important thing after the photgraph is the signature. Your signature will be printed on your PAN card, which means you have ot make sure to sign clearly inside the given box. Thumb print should also be clearly stamped on the form.
6) Also keep in mind that the signature has to be on half of the passport sized photograph. This shows that the photo and the signature have been done at the same time and belong to the same person. This is also doen so that no one is able to tamper with the form.
7) Once the acknowledgement is filled out and complete you need to send it to the following address - NSDL at 'Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016'.
And that’s how simple it is to apply for a PAN card online. Now that you know both the online and the offline method of applying for a PAN card, you need to get going right away. As soon as an individual turns 18, whether elgible to pay tax or not, they should apply for a PAN card. Having this government document makes a lot of things easy. It also helps you keep a good trakc record of your finances. A PAN card is not just important but also necessary for any individual earning an income in India.